toastthefuture

The future as at best a haze. We can make or break it. My rants, visions, ideas and dreams hope to make a better future. Lets learn to live a better life. Raise your glasses (no it doesnt have to be alcohol - I am using orange juice!), and toast the future!

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | TV and Radio | Row over Springer opera donation

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | TV and Radio | Row over Springer opera donation
As my name suggest I a humanist, so I find this sort of thing unbearable.
Lets put this into context - although I would probably not watch "Jerry Springer, The Opera" myself, I would fiercly protest the right to create and broadcast such a thing. Anyone who is religeous with half a brain cell can see that it is all a bit of fun, and not to be taken too seriously.

The need for cancer research strongly outweighs your irksome objection to anything outside your own limited definition of entertainment, and this just shows that christians are more concerned with censorship than the possible saving of human lives.

To those who object to having their BBC tv license fees used to air such a show, let me firmly remind you that I object to my taxes being used to fund your arrogant little cults and churches - I object to being preached at in the street and at bus stops, and I object to your right-wing beleifs that only the religeous may have ethics. You can burn your TV license, but I hope you are promptly fined the £1000 for not having them, so BBC can continue to produce work untainted by religeous bullying.

I do try to respect all religeons, but they often offend me in ways only religeon can. This and the whole business with the other play set in the temple just reinforce my beleif that many strongly religeous people are small minded and narrow sighted. Grow up.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:02 pm, Blogger thehumanist said…

    Update: Well it turns out, that (to my releif) the Anglican church receives no government funding - and it is run on donations. While I in no way will forgive their arrogance for preventing a charitable donation to a Cancer releif fund, I realise that were religeon not invloved - you would probably see the same all over with football.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home